Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Catching Up

Like I said, it's time to get back to the comments I missed in the past eighteen months. BenHarding asked the following on Part One of my Wilt v Russell post:

Have you considered that Boston has more hall of famers than st Louis even though the two teams might be similarly talented is because Boston won more championships and hall of fame voters put a lot of value on championships. Player x could be just as good as player y only because player x played on a better team that won more championships he is more likely to be voted in the hall of fame.
Well, sure. There is definitely some "chicken-or-egg" involved on this topic. But in Part Six on this same topic, I believe I presented enough evidence to show that Boston had a crushing advantage in talent in most seasons. My case was not simply to say that Hall-of-Fame talent settles the matter.

From Part Seven, Bipan stops by to praise the site:
I'm glad you posted this on your blog! I'm so sick of people citing Mr. Simmons book as the unofficial basketball bible. I mean he does make some decent points, but I really disliked his negative portrayal of Chamberlain. Keep up the good work!
Thank you, sir/ma'am!

Steve agrees with me, and makes the same point I made with a lot fewer boring words:
Yes, and, Russell played with his HOF teammates on the same team at the same time. Wilt's were spread out at different times on different teams. And in nate Thurmond's case, he was a rookie who had to play out of position at center because of Wilt, and didn't blossom into a star center in his own right till Wilt was traded.
From my Finals prediction post (which I totally nailed LOL), Squall has a kind note for me:
Thank U for sharing your info!

You're quite welcome, Squall. Obviously you read my post very closely. Say, since I have your ear, do you know where can I get low-priced athletic footwear?
cheap basketball shoes
Wow! You helpfully provided a link! Thanks, Squall!

I should probably branch out into contemporary Simmons, too. Or I could make this into a full-on basketball blog, too. I don't know. But I'm back in bidness.

2 comments:

  1. You are back! I will come back every day until you stop writing again and I am forced to begin crying at the start of everyday upon seeing you haven't updated your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back. I'm just glad that you and FJayM have kept things going. The Mom-and-Pop blog seems to be a waning phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete